Tuesday, March 18, 2008

God is Amazing - Portia's version

My friend Amy just posted a top-10 list of the things that have amazed her about God during her pregnancy, and then challenged her pregnant/new mom friends to reflect on that too.

My first thought was about how alien it is that there's a little person inside me, moving around and becoming more herself every day. But at the same time, it's so un-alien, so natural, so how God created things. I'm amazed at how He designed this whole process. My body is unrecognizable at times, but it's still my body, and it's being used for such an amazing purpose! And I never knew it could do these amazing things it's doing, but it's such a testament to a loving Creator-God who ordered the world so perfectly.

Another thing I think about all the time is just how much God knows Eden already. Just as He knit me together, He knit her together. He knows everything about her just as He knows everything about me. And she is His just as I am His.

I'm amazed that God is using my body to bring a beautiful little person into this world. And He is trusting Bryan and me to bring her up. It's an incredible sense of responsibility and an an incredible excitement at the same time. What a stewardship!

Anyway, I hope that this was encouraging to you! I'd be interested to hear from all of you! What about this subject amazes you about our Creator?

No comments: