Sunday, September 04, 2011

Some of our favorite Edenisms

Eden's verbal skills are very good. Other people understand her quite well, and she is very talkative and expressive. That said, she's still three, and has some sweet little expressions that are adorably mispronounced. I don't want to forget these, and this blog tends to be my archive for life... so here they are for your enjoyment as well (I may update this post as I remember more):

"baby soup" = bathing suit. She's figured it out now, but this remains my all time favorite.
"handchiladas" = enchiladas (to be fair, she gets this from her father, who for some reason calls them "anchiladas")
"hippo-uh-pah-mus" = hippopotamus
"pwates with strawberries" = Special K red berries ("flakes with strawberries")
"prinstass" = princess (can be any girl in a formal dress)
"eaw-meaw" = oatmeal (it is incredibly hard to figure out how to spell this - it's basically all vowels).

1 comment:

Attorney At Large said...

Occasionally Pea still says "freight alligator" instead of elevator. I love that one!