Friday, June 06, 2008

We made it!!

Eden is staying put - so I got to graduate! It was great. Thanks y'all for your prayers and support. I had an amazing amount of energy, despite waking up with feet so swollen that none of my shoes would fit except flip-flops. :)

I looked like a tent walking around in my graduation robes (I'll post pictures later) but it was great to be there, to see all of my first-year classmates (a surprising number of whom had no idea I was pregnant, and whose eyes turned to the size of tea saucers when they saw me) and to hang out with all of my family. It was a great moment, though the fact that I am a graduate hasn't really sunk in yet - probably because I'm still studying for the bar exam. I think that realization will come gradually.

After the ceremony we dropped my dad off at the airport and then headed back to our place to get ready for a good old-fashioned cookout. Bryan and Jason put together his new grill, and the guys hung out outside while the food cooked and the ladies chatted indoors. J&K came over to join us, and we had a great time. After dinner Meg and her parents showed up, and we had a toast - champagne and sparkling cider (the cider was yummy but I so wanted a bit of champagne...). We'd been saving a bottle of champagne all year for that purpose. It was great.

By the end of the day I think everyone was totally exhausted! We finally split up at about 10:30, and said our goodbyes to one set of grandparents and my cousin, who joined them (they're leaving today), and then hit the hay. Slept like babies!

We've still got visitors in town - my dad's mom and her sister are still here until the 11th (but they're going to the cape for a few days) and J&G are still here until tomorrow. So we're off today to spend some more quality time with the fam!!

Pictures later, I promise.

1 comment:

Ruthless said...

Happy due date! Tell Eden she can have a pony if she comes today.