Sunday, October 02, 2011

She's a hurricane

Three year olds are (well, at least my three year old is) exhausting - passionately emotional about everything with no real editing mechanism (<-- yes, that's in my head from the judges' comments about Josh on Project Runway - the whole time they were speaking I thought of Eden!). BUT. As frustrating and difficult as she can be, she's also so, so, so much fun. Especially when you just throw up your arms, give in, and become 3 again yourself.

Like today. After church. For the first time in a long time, Eden and I had a dance party. She dances with such abandon, she doesn't give a flip about what anyone thinks - she just throws her hands up and spins around and does what she loves. I learn so much from that kid. She's crazy, and I love her so much. This is her song - and if it doesn't make you want to dance, there is something wrong with you. No, really:



The best part, and it describes Eden so perfectly:

My girl's name is Senora
I tell you friends, I adore her
And when she dances, oh brother!
She's a hurricane in all kinds of weather

(Ever tried to get a non-blurry picture of a hurricane?) :)

Edited to add, by popular request (or one comment, whatever...):



Note that Leah is pretty into it as well - won't it be fun when they're both spinning around so crazy? :) And also typical Eden is the break in the middle for a sister hug... Love it!!

3 comments:

Amy D said...

aw man! I brought Audrey in here to watch the video thinking we were going to get to watch Eden...and maybe even her Mommy dancing. Bummer!

Amy D said...

o.k, let's just make a list...
1. LOVE IT! Thank you.
2. Made me tired just watching. Man, that child has some crazy energy! Cutie.
3. Leah was too cute just bouncing and smiling so big.
4. their mama is SKINNY! You look great.
5. More videos please. miss seeing your sweet faces.
6. more pics of your house!

Portia said...

Thanks Amy! Yes, they're energetic kiddos. Eden LOVES to dance, and that's how she does it! As to #4, I'm not there yet, but thanks... Keeping up with these energetic girls is the best exercise - the first six times we danced to this song I was jumping with her! :)

More house pics to come sometime, and I'll work on putting up more pics and videos. We miss you guys too!