Monday, October 17, 2011

My baby brother is married...

So, my baby brother got married last month.

Crazy, I know.

He used to be smaller than me.
For a long time he was smaller than me.

He's pretty much always been stronger than me, since he was about 3 years old and I was 9. Yep, he was a strong kid.

Now he's bigger than me, and he's a marine, and he's all grown up and muscle-y, and he's a very, very good man, with a great head on his shoulders.



And now, too, he's head over heels for a good woman, and he's married to her.

Crazy.
I couldn't be more proud of this guy. Love him. :)

Here's where I would put a picture of me and him on his wedding day - wouldn't that be great? But because I was toting around a baby I didn't really ever get the chance. :( It's OK, I know I was there, and I got to give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. And there are lots of pictures of these two, who were in the wedding party:


These landmarks in the lives of people I love, people I've known their whole lives, make me so sentimental. Time slips by so quickly. That sounds trite and cliche. Whatever, cliches are only cliches because they are so true.

Anyway. Happy wedding Tyler, and welcome to the insanity Tara. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and cliches. :)

No comments: