Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Three Months Old - Already?

Leah Bear,


You are three months old, and it has FLOWN by. Yesterday you were a newborn, and today you're an infant. You smile and coo (you're very vocal, and love to have conversations!), and just this week you actually giggled for the first time. That was a very welcome treat, because I've gone back to work now and I miss you (and your sister, and your Daddy) all day. It was very hard to come back to work, especially knowing that the demands of my job will very likely keep me from you much more often than I'd like. It's been almost a week and things are going fine so far, but I miss spending my days with my sweet little baby girl!


You are such a delight, Sweet Girl. You are the easiest baby I have ever met. You're perfectly content most of the time. You have been fighting something viral that keeps kicking in a fever, and we know when you start to get hot because you start to fuss a little bit. Not scream or even really cry all that much, but just get a little discontent, just enough to let us know you're uncomfortable.


You haven't rolled over yet, but you're awfully close. You get to your side from your back and just sort of hang out there. On your tummy you're usually more interested in balancing on your belly button or eating your hands than rolling over, so I bet that takes a little longer (though, yesterday morning was an exception and I really thought you might do it - I was afraid to look away!).


Speaking of your hands, you've mostly given up the pacifier except for a few sucks right at bedtime. But you've discovered your thumb and you LOVE it. Sometimes you wake your Daddy and me up at night because you're sucking so loudly! You're consistently able to get your hands to your mouth now when you want them, and you're grasping toys and bringing them to your mouth as well.


You sleep through the night now, eating at about 7 and then again just before I go to bed (I wake you and "dream feed" you in your sleep - I LOVE that time together, because you're so peaceful and the house is quiet and it's just us), and then you usually sleep until 5:30 or 6:00 (and then go back to sleep for another hour!). You're not on too much of a regular schedule throughout the day just yet, but you're getting there. You're at least eating pretty predictably, which is really nice for your pumping mama.


You seem to really recognize the members of our little family, and light up when you see us. But, without a doubt, Eden is your favorite. You see her and you're instantly smiling. She's constantly saying, "Mommy, look at that pretty smile!" She loves you very much too - and you are often both found lying under the arches of your play gym, smiling and cooing a each other. I sure hope that you continue to be great friends.

I love you so much Little Leah. I am so happy you've joined our family; you're such an incredible joy, and I like to call you my favorite surprise. Keep growing big and strong and smiling like you own the moon.


Love you babygirl,
Mommy

No comments: