Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We're Moved!! Finally!!

We're here! Yay!! We're so happy to finally be in our new, grown-up apartment! We had a great moving day on Saturday. We had many friends show up to help us move (several of whom had just helped either J&K or G&K move in the morning). It was really great to see the community come together like that to help these three families get all of our boxes and furniture from one place to another! And we were blessed with great weather during the actual moving period. It started to rain when we'd finished, but not until then. And we got everything moved in so quickly that dinner wasn't ready (we ordered Subway for our wonderful movers). Everyone stayed and watched the Sox game (thank goodness we'd already gotten our cable hooked up!) and helped us unpack a bit until dinner arrived.

I was exhausted at the end of the day - I'm sure we all were - but it was great to see the community exhibiting God's love in such a real and practical way! Thanks!!

2 comments:

Dupy said...

Congratulations to you both! I know you are so happy to finally know where you will be living when baby Eden arrives. The apartment looks great. Those windows may be a little tricky to curtain though. (:
Dupy

Portia said...

Thanks - we're excited too! We feel much more grown up all of a sudden. It's amazing what a change of scenery will do I guess!