Well, this morning I went to a panel on patent trolling (don't ask) put on by my second-half-summer employer. I rode my bike to the T, and then hopped on to Downtown Crossing, carefree as a bird in spite of the fact that it was freakin' early. (The panel started at 7:30 which meant in order to ensure I'd be there before it started I had to leave at about 6:45). The panel was interesting and boring by turns, but I survived.
Then I hopped back on the T, reading my book and loving my new commuter lifestyle, relishing in living in the city. I rode to Harvard only to discover that my bike--my precious bike that I ride almost every single day--had been stolen.
I was surprised at my reaction. I think God was preparing me for it. Our small group has been studying the Treasure Principle, and I've been really trying to reorient my thinking and acknowledge that everything I have is God's, and not mine. Apparently it has somewhat taken. I will admit that I am a little upset, that my stomach is turning a little bit. I will admit that I did call the police and I am filing a (probably futile) report, but overall it's OK - I didn't freak out, I just calmly called my husband to inform him. So I have to walk now. So I only got a year and a half out of my $300+ investment (bike+helmet+lock). But, whatever. It wasn't mine anyway, right?
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
1 comment:
I'm very sorry God's bike got stolen.
Post a Comment