Well, Ames is OVER! :)
That means no more LRW for me!!
It went pretty well. I was actually surprised at how un-nervous I was once I got up there and started talking. And the judges started asking questions. I think it was simply because I didn't have time to think about being nervous - I was too busy trying to answer questions like "how many 'citizen agitators' as you characterize them would be required at a zoning appeals meeting for an entity's expectations to be unreasonable? 50? 500? How many?" It was fun. Especially that one, because I came up with a pretty kickass answer. :) ("Well, Your Honor, the Supreme Court has consistently articulated its reluctance to formulate bright-line rules in takings cases. They are much more likely to make decisions such as these on a case-by-case basis.") And the practitioner-judge-guy was nodding his head like crazy - it reminded me of a chihuahua bobblehead my sister used to have in her car...
Anyway, it's nice to have that off my chest. Now I have to get through Culture Shock, and I'm home free. (Well, except for that whole exam thing...)
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment