Monday, March 19, 2012

Flying Solo, Update

It's Monday morning. We survived the weekend without Bryan at home, and while we all miss him terribly, we did ok.

I have this "Today I Feel" magnet on the fridge with all kinds of emotions depicted and Eden and I often play with it. Last night she was looking at it intently and said, "Mommy, do you have 'Miss' on that thing?" She is having a bit of a hard time with Daddy being gone, but she has been FANTASTIC. Seriously, fantastic. There have only been a couple of moments that I've had to talk her off the edge of a meltdown. And she's responded right away. She's been great help with Leah, and she's just been so much fun herself. But at night she gets sad, she wants her Daddy. I let her sleep in my bed (on Daddy's pillow) for the first couple of nights. The first night she was such a little diva: "There needs to be a fan in here..." and after I turned on the fan, "I can barely hear it. It's TERRIBLE down here!" Tonight she's back in her own bed, she knows that.

We went to the park yesterday - it was 80 degrees or something. Almost hot on the playground.




They had so much fun. :)




Then we headed home, I cooked dinner (tried a new recipe even!) and Eden, in her infinite helpfulness, decided to take a bath with her sister (she pretty much never does that). I got Leah off to bed and then Eden and I put together the girls' lunches and watched some VeggieTales and then hit the hay ourselves. I was asleep by 10. I think the last couple of days wore me out. :)

Now the real test starts: workweek solo-ing. It's about to get real.

No comments: