Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eleven Months!

Sweet Eden,

You're eleven months old, and you're really growing up. You're becoming a toddler, and I can't believe how quickly it happened!!

This month you learned to mimic, and it has been really fun teaching you things! You learned to put your little red phone rattle up to your ear and say "AHHH?" which is your way of saying "hello." Once you figured that out you extended it to all of your other toys. Other rattles, keys, stuffed animals... everything gets put put to that adorable little ear and gets a sweet little greeting.

You've also learned what some things are for. You'll try to brush your hair with your hairbrush (usually with the handle instead of the bristles, but whatever...) and just the other day you figured out how to put your sunglasses on your head like Mommy! So fun!

You've also expanded the "drop" game. You now drop things on the ground and wait for me to say "Uh-oh" and then say "uuuuuooooooh." When I had it back to you we do it all over again. If we count "uuuuoooh" as an actual word, you're up to two.

You are such a social baby. You really love other kids. You're sometimes a little bit skiddish around other adults, but when you see a kid you get this really serious "GIVE ME THAT" look and squeal like crazy.

You had your first international trip this month! We went to London via Iceland, and you had a great time. Admittedly you slept through much of the trip, but when you were awake you were a hoot! You LOVED B&P's little boy Michael, and I think he was a little afraid of you because you went at him full-bore upon your first meeting, and had him pinned on the floor in seconds. You grinned like crazy from the backpack Daddy had you in. And you ate your first banana like a big girl - straight from the peel, no cutting it up!

You got a new, big girl car seat on your eleventh month birthday. You LOVE it! It has all sorts of cubby holes for all of your "phones" and sunglasses! And you look like such a big girl in it. When we came home from running around the day we got it and installed it, we walked in and your infant seat was sitting in the entryway. I had a moment of sadness, realizing that you're getting so big and that you're never going back in that little seat. It was a pang, and then it was gone, because we've been there already and we're here now and I can't wait to see what's next. You bring such joy into our lives at every stage. I can't imagine it any other way. I love you so much, Precious.

Love,

Mommy


4 comments:

the monkeys' mama said...

Wow! i seriously got misty eyed (joel teases that i'm pregnant i'm so emotional!) when I saw that she is 11 months old. How fast they grow!

Amy D said...

what a cutie with those teefies!

phuong said...

Oh *sniff*! What a lucky precious little girl to have parents who adore her so! You guys are amazing and Eden is fantastic!

LEO said...

Oh my gosh, when did she get teeth? So freaking cute. And the phone thing I find totally adorable!