It happened. And I still have a job. Unfortunately my next door "neighbor" does not. That totally, royally sucks. I don't have the energy to blog any more about it, and I want to respect the privacy of others, but just know that the office was incredibly weird today. It was a total shock - it feels like someone died. And I feel terrible about the whole thing, like somehow it was my fault. The only solution, I guess, is to keep my head down and keep busy. Thank the Lord that I still have a job, and that there is work to be done.
Now I am going to sleep. Daylight savings time? Sucks for everyone in my family.
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
4 comments:
That is a great praise, KT! Thanks for sharing!
Glad you made it, but it's an awful time for lawyers in general. Everyday feels like a funeral...
The only thing worse than surviving a big layoff is being laid off... so at least you can take some comfort in the fact that you will be able to take care of your family now.
I sort of know how you must feel though...tons of people I worked for last summer were laid off and can't find any jobs and for some reason, I still have a job waiting for me. It doesn't seem fair, yet I wouldn't want to switch places with them either!
It will get better, hang in there!
I'm so happy for you! that is great news! Times definately are scary- and it's hard not to feel guilty, but still, thank goodness!
Post a Comment