If for no other reason than you can get some free Starbucks and ice cream!!
I'll be voting this evening after work. Bryan, of course, will not be voting. For those of you who don't know my darling husband, he has a few strange quirks, one of which is that he refuses to participate in the democratic process beyond complaining. His primary reason is that he has a fundamental philosophical disagreement with the two-party system in this country, and he's never seen a politician he agreed with 100%. However, even when it gets close, as it did with Ron Paul (yes my husband loved that crazy, crazy man), he still refuses to vote because "his vote won't count" in this state (which drives me insane). Every attempt on my part (and Meg's, mind you) has been met with stark disappointment. If you have any magic ideas over the next few hours let me know, but I'm not optimistic.
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
1 comment:
At the risk of incurring your wrath, I didn't vote for President because I absolutely can't stand either candidate. I kind of understand not feeling the impulse to vote if you KNOW it won't make a difference (having lived in NY and CA, it's never been a question which party would win my state). I also actually hate the two-party system in this country, but I don't think abstaining from voting OR voting for the sake of voting helps change that. Personally, I would vote for a candidate if I could support most of his views.
Since it sounds like he bases his politics on the individual issues, maybe you can convince him to vote on any important issues on the state ballot?
Yay for election day!
Post a Comment