
Edit, 5/31/07: She left last weekend. I knew it was going to be hard, and it was. I don't know why, because I know with a 95% certainty we'll be in the same city again in a year or so. I think it might be because of what she was to me this year. I needed a friend very badly, and she was there. I needed someone to teach me to serve, to show me how to let things go, to give me confidence, and she was there. I needed someone to take care of, and she was there. She listened to me, and maybe even more importantly, she let me listen to her.
Her last day I held it together all morning, all afternoon, and all evening until all of us were saying goodbye and going our separate ways at the church. I couldn't leave. I stood there on the church steps, not talking to her, but not leaving, as everyone said their goodbyes. I didn't want it to be time. But the time came. Bryan and I were the last to go. I hugged her family, and as they left (they were hooking back up with her later) they said goodbye to me, and it made me lose it. I guess that realizing that I'd probably not see them this Thanksgiving or this Easter or whatever just made me realize all the more that she's really leaving. When I turned to say goodbye to her I was sobbing. I'm such a sap. She made me laugh. I love that about her.
Anyway, here's to a wonderful woman and a great friend. I hope those west-coasters are prepared for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment