Monday, January 01, 2007

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

We're home from our pretty whirlwind tour of Oklahoma for Christmas. It was nice to see everyone, but it's good to be back in our own space. Here's some highlights (in no particular order):

  • Got our little Nino! He's so adorable! He's a great source of entertainment, except when he wakes us up in the morning by attacking my hair. We're working on that. He weighed 2lb 5oz at the vet on the 21st, but I think he's bigger than that now. And his fur is already getting darker. But he's a bucket of laughs, and so energetic!
  • Got to see family. It was pretty crazy at times trying to schedule everything, but we did it. I wish we could have spent more time with some, but unfortunately time was not always on our side. Oh, the joys of blended families...
  • Didn't have to see the one person I really didn't want to see. That took some maneuvering, and a little bit of God's grace since she's living in Enid now.
  • Had a lot of Mexican food. Yummmm! And twice it was at El Chico's - not my favorite food, but the service was nice (lil bro is a waiter there!)
  • Got to relax a little bit. :)
  • Uneventful flights, even with the kitty on the way home. It was kind of funny when we were in Cincinnati on our layover - we had to get lunch and the cat needed to eat too, so we were juggling Chick-fil-a, Nino, Nino's food, Nino's water, etc., passing things back and forth. We felt like pros by the end of it, and we had to laugh because it made us think of what it'll be like when we have kids.
  • My favorite gifts: knife and cutting board, and the spa gift certificate Bryan got me (and John got Kelli one too!)
  • Bryan's favorite gifts: Nino!! :)
We spent new year's eve with our John and Kelli, and Tyson and Kelly. We went to Ma Soba for dinner and then did Karaoke at J&K's place. Then we went to Gov't Center to watch the fireworks with 500 of our closest friends. :)

I have a lot of hopes and dreams for 2007, but mostly I just wish to be as blessed as I was in 2006, the year that brought me significant physical healing (OK, so it brought the injury too... but we'll ignore that), a realization that I can do this lawyer thing, a great feeling of freedom, closer relationships, and a renewed awe for the majesty and grace of God.

No comments: