So last Saturday night, after the B2S Festival, Bryan and I went to John and Kelli's house at Fenway. We parked on Boylston, and we were about to get out of the car. My window is perpetually down about 1/4 inch because the motor on the power windows went out, and I heard this guy on the sidewalk talking on the phone. I didn't hear what he was saying until he said, "Dude, I'm looking in this car right now and I think the people are shooting heroin!" I was, needless to say, a bit shocked by this statement, so I naturally look up to see where he's looking. Surprisingly, he's looking at ME! He sees me looking and says, "Oh crap. I said that really loud." and turns around. Then we get out of the car and he starts almost running in the opposite direction, like a dog with his tail between his legs, and he's saying, "Omigod they're getting out of the car."
My first thought was to say to the guy, "Um, sir, we were not doing heroin. Actually we have never even seen heroin."
My second thought was to offer him some heroin, just to see his response.
My third thought was, "Why in the world would you assume someone was shooting heroin of all things?" Seriously.
My fourth thought was to call Wanty, who I knew would be so amazed by that story, and who would have been proud to have been mistaken for shooting heroin. So I did, and I left her a message. :)
Well, we had a great laugh about it. It gets better, though, because when we came back to the car, we realized we'd parked in front of a bar, and they'd just kicked their "Fetish Night" party into full swing. Sweeeet. :)
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment