Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Travel Report and Advantages of OK/MA

Well we made it home ok. We got in Monday at almost midnight, after a 2-hour delay in Tulsa and a mad run in Atlanta to get to our connection! Our bags apparently didn't bother the mad run, so we got them yesterday. (Oh yes that was stressful - my books were checked!)

All in all, though, it was a great trip home. We loved seeing everyone. I liked being able to hug my family whenever I wanted to! It seems like everyone's grown the equivalent of like 3 or 4 years while we've been gone. Either by getting bigger or by getting more mature. Little bit of both.

Well, here's my list of advantages of being in Oklahoma:
  • hugging family whenever I want to
  • My friends are nearby!
  • Mom did my laundry :)
  • Oklahoma sunsets (I never realized we don't really see them here!)
  • Big, beautiful, comfy, stand-alone houses
  • Hideaway Pizza/Sonic/Good Mexican/etc
  • Cheap entertainment=watching my siblings (or apparently my husband) making fools of themselves
  • Being able to drive and not worry about traffic/hitting someone
  • Christian radio (way to go Emily on that one)
Advantages of being in Cambridge:
  • 10 minutes to the city, and stuff to do
  • My bed
  • My friends here!
  • The grass is green
  • I don't have to whisper after 9:30 or 10:00 :)
  • Cheap entertainment=walking around downtown and people-watching or window-shopping
  • I get chauffered around
  • Don't feel like I have to say "I'm going to gradshool... in Boston..." and then wait for the "where" to drop the H-bomb.
  • Hope Fellowship!
That's all I can think of right now... And I should get to studying. Ewwww...

1 comment:

Alaberi said...

Katie, I'm back - can't wait to see you again!!!! :-)